Me, Myself, & I
A list of 36 random facts about me: I’ve been on the earth for 36 years so it is only fitting that I choose the number 36! I don’t know if they’ll be interesting to you or not. But it’s been fun writing up my list of all the random things that I know about myself.
Here you go!
- I was born in Sierra Leone, West Africa.
- I love being a mom, it’s not easy but ever so rewarding.
- I’m a 50’s gal at heart.
- I LOVE music of all genres
- I sound different to what I look like, or so I’ve been told. Allegedly I sound rude until you get to know me. The dispute is… I’m blunt and direct and quick to the point. (It would seem I’ve become softer over the years) 😂
- I had an imaginary friend throughout my childhood years called Lucy. That was until I met a real life Lucy… needless to say that soon stopped.
- I am a Big Kid at heart.
- I used to be called weird as a kid. I liked my own company. I still do. I dance to the beat of my own drum, and live to please no man.
- I used to stammer profusely.
- I can be shy. Really shy. Sweaty palms, the lot (yeah I know, God has not given us the spirit of timidity, I’m a work in progress) I do life afraid, on purpose.
- I avoid the spot light. I dislike being on show. I detest public speaking (you could say that blogging has become my therapy).
- I started speaking english at age 11 (I didn’t want to loose my mother tongue).
- My favourite scripture is Jeremiah 29:11-I have it tattooed on me
- I hate lies. I know hate is a strong word, but I really don’t like to give false compliments.
- I honestly cannot follow choreography, but I can freestyle.
- I rarely watch TV (I do enjoy the odd movie on Netflix ).
- My favourite thing to do is listen to podcasts.
- I’m a bit obsessive about cleanliness and keeping things in order. I confess to being super fussy, and extremely pedantic.
- I’m still single, and 8 years celibate (waiting aint for the faint hearted, yes, it can get testy. But always keep your ‘why’ in mind and have people you are accountable to. Also, DO NOT put yourself in compromising situations!
- I was engaged once.
- I love Julie Andrews and the Sound of Music is on of my top 10 all time favourites.
- I prefer coffee over tea. I take my coffee black, no sugar or milk.
- I have a 14 year old son (most people think I’m lying and that he’s my younger brother) FYI I HAVE ONE BROTHER, AND HES 3 YEARS OLDER.
- I’m a fantastic cook dare I say so myself. Crazy thing is I didn’t know how to cook until I became a mom.
- I rarely (very rarely) get bored. That’s why I like quiet. In the morning, afternoon, evening, and every other time. Well, I’m also a lover of silence. It allows me to think!
- I hate violence, bullying and injustice of any kind.
- I used to invite homeless people to my home for dinner when I was a teenager. As much as time permits I enjoy volunteering my time with different homeless charities.
- I am super sensitive I cry at almost anything and my son teases me non stop about this
- I love Michael Jackson. I was a HUGE fan.
- I LOVE birthdays, especially my own. Like a lot.
- I can’t swim, I’ve taken lessons. And I love the water. Go figure!
- I love tattoos, currently I have 4 & counting (go judge someone else)
- I LOVE, LOVE being by the sea, water calms me. My dream home would be a sea front house (anywhere in the world).
- I had a pet kitten named Spirit, the little furry guy stole my heart.
- I love selfies (especially the ones that are taken in front of good lighting) in fact before phones had that option I used to turn my camera the other way just to snap is shot of myself.
36. And yeah, I love being me. It’s taken a while to get here.
Regarding no 10:
I believe the words fear not simply mean don’t run. So the solution to fear/timidity is simple: Rather than bowing our knee and giving in to it, we must stand firm against it, knowing that God has gone before us and prepared the way. I have chosen to live life in obedience to God, so that I can experience His good promises that He has prepared for me.
Giving in to fear/timidity will only alter God’s best plan for your life. So use the power of God’s Word to do what He wants you to do…even if you have to do it afraid! The rewards are great. – Mama Joyce
Hope you’ve enjoyed this post.
Now, tell me one random thing about you. I’d like to hear from you guys…
Monologues were never my forte, I much refer being in a dialogue.
Unveiling the mask